Now hiring: Associate Portfolio Officer
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
IFC’s Corporate Portfolio Management Department (CPM) is seeking to recruit an Associate Portfolio Officer in its Global Debt and Operations Support unit (CPMDO). CPM is responsible for: (i) providing corporate and strategic level reviews of IFC’s investment portfolio, including granular data and analytics of portfolio trends; (ii) providing thought leadership on how IFC can create a portfolio that balances profitability, risk and development impact; (iii) systematically capturing lessons of experience, with the goal of these being incorporated into IFC’s strategy and new investments, in order to improve IFC’s performance and outcomes; (iv) developing, and supporting the management of, portfolio systems as well as portfolio related knowledge tools; and, (v) managing the LIBOR transition process for IFC’s existing debt portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Corporate Portfolio periodic reporting to the Board, IFC Management Team, and Operations Committee Portfolio: Coordinate contributions from relevant departments and units, review, analyze and initiate queries to ensure quality content and adequate delivery of reports in a timely manner.
• Contribute to CPM’s thought leadership on IFC’s debt portfolio, through analytical and reporting work, including deep dives on select countries, sectors, and thematic portfolio reviews.
• Support the conceptualization, data sourcing, design, and implementation of strategic corporate initiatives, and the development of knowledge tools leveraging IFC’s portfolio data, in close collaboration with departments across IFC (e.g., industries and regions, Blended Finance, Syndications, Treasury, Accounting, Risk, IT, etc). Examples of ongoing initiatives include, among others, the development of a client segmentation framework, governance and related support systems; and the establishment of a governance framework and systems for the systematic capture of key financial and technical/operational data across projects,, to facilitate client performance analysis and benchmarking of new business transactions.
• Operations support: Support the development/enhancement of select portfolio systems, in order to contribute the views and needs of portfolio staff and ensure alignment and consistency of process with business needs. Develop guidance, knowledge materials and deliver training for business teams as needed.
• Develop, review and ensure relevant updates to Portfolio Operating Procedures to ensure simplified and efficient processes, and risk-based decision-making.
• Provide project management and analytical support in various ad hoc corporate and department level initiatives focusing on portfolio performance, organizational changes, and business process enhancements.
Selection Criteria• MBA or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 5-year experience in the field of investments in emerging markets, including portfolio management.
• Solid knowledge of IFC operations, with strong experience in portfolio management, processes, and procedures. Familiarity with data, systems and reporting is considered a plus.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, great attention to detail and proven ability to synthesize large volumes of information from diverse content providers to prepare quantitative and qualitative management reports and summarize succinct key messages for presentation to senior management.
• Ability to deliver multiple tasks with overlapping timelines by effective prioritization.
• Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization, with demonstrated team spirit and responsiveness.
• Ability to closely collaborate across IFC, partnering with functions in operations and corporate units to develop solutions, ensuring quality, efficiency and timeliness in the delivery of initiatives.
Source: World Bank
For more information, visit www.ifc.org