Ellen Johnson Sirleaf Amujae Leaders Program for African Women
The Amujae Initiative is the EJS Center’s flagship program. The program inspires and prepares women to unapologetically take up roles and excel in the highest echelons of public leadership, and to bring other women along.
Each year, the EJS Center selects a cohort of African women public leaders and offers them targeted leadership development experiences that are designed to fuel their ambition and equip them with the necessary skills for effective service. The inaugural cohort of 2020 Amujae Leaders and subsequent cohort of 2021 Amujae Leaders make up a dynamic group of women with impressive and diverse backgrounds in public leadership and beyond.
Amujae Leaders receive world-class coaching from former heads of state, leadership development through in-person forums and virtual workshops, tailored media and communications support, and self-development opportunities. It is the only initiative in the world that is specifically designed to support talented African women leaders as they advance in their public leadership journeys.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen and resident of any African country.
- Have already invested in a public leadership journey with demonstrable accomplishments. This journey may have evolved in various professional backgrounds/ sectors, not strictly public service.
- May be working/ involved in sectors that include but are not limited to public administration, politics, civil society, business, arts, media, sports, education, sciences, etc.
- Have the ambition to serve at the highest levels of public leadership.
- Have demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Be patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to her home country/countries.
You will be required to upload the following attachments in PDF:
- A short bio/ profile (500 words max)
- A CV (3 pages max)
- A copy of your passport/ national identity document
- Two, separate reference letters that are testimonials of your character, what sets you apart as a leader, and the impact of your service/leadership.
Click the link below to apply: